Monday, March 8, 2010

Lesson Learned

A lesson that I learned is not to climb to high in a tree. I was about 9 having fun just climbing a tree I had climbed before but on this day however my fun climbing trees ended. I had almost climbed to the top when the branch I had my left foot on broke. I was about ten feet off the ground when the branch broke. I began to fall faster and faster breaking of branches as I went finally about five feet from the ground I hit a branch that was about four inches in diameter. Hitting it back first I broke it which slowed down my decent enough to cause me to land on the ground back first on top of the branch in great pain. The pain was so great that I thought I had broken a few bones. Using the little mind power I had that was not focused on the pain I crawled all about thirty feet back to my house. Come to find out I broke no bones but I did have a couple cuts, scrapes, and bruises. Now I have a scare that reminds me of that hard lesson I learned.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! I guess it's a blessing to be scared of heights...I wouldn't even get NEAR the top of the a tree!

    ReplyDelete